Thai massage is a well-known therapy, and you can get it from almost any major city in the world. It is a Thai traditional healing practice which combines yoga postures, acupressure, and Indian Ayurvedic principles. It helps you in relaxing and also helps in healing from several illnesses. No wonder why Thai massage is such a success across the world.
What is Thai Massage?
It is one of the four branches of Thai traditional medicine. This healing technique was practiced before there were doctors. The massage involves deep kneading and stretching. It is mostly performed on a firm mattress or the floor. It is a therapeutic procedure which restores healthy blood circulation and provides relaxation. It is able to treat weakness, flexibility, aches and pains, energy blockages, dysfunctional organs, paralysis, nerve problems, stress and tension, and postural alignments.
Benefits of Thai massage
Thai massage has numerous benefits, but we will be discussing only a few to give you a better idea.
1. Skin Nourishment
Thai massage helps in stimulating sebaceous glands and sweat glands for producing oil which is used by the body for natural skin nourishment.
2. Stress Relieving
Thai massage helps your brain, body, and emotions to relax. Thai massage is so relaxing that most people fall asleep during the procedure. Thai massage is used in some hospitals for treating stress, depression, and anxiety.
3. Waste Management System
Thai massage helps the blood vessels and the lymphatic system to work more efficiently. Hence, no toxins or residues are accumulated in the body.
4. Nervous System
Thai massage stimulates the nervous system for better responding to the environment. Hence, it helps you to think more clearly.
5. Bone Joints
Thai massage helps in removing tension from your bones, and as a result, you can move smoothly.
Side-effects of Thai Massage
Thai massage can have some side-effects if you are suffering from certain illnesses. We are going to discuss them and also tell you some precautions.
- You shouldn’t get a massage if you have dermatitis. It will spread the virus to the massage therapist and also to other areas of your body.
- If you have a fever of more than 38 degrees Celsius, then you shouldn’t get a massage for muscles can easily be damaged at this temperature.
- If you are injured and have dislocated or broken bones, then you shouldn’t get a massage for it can result in permanent bone damage.
- If you have swollen joint pain, then you shouldn’t get Thai massage because it can cause more inflammation.
- You shouldn’t apply massage to any wounded area because it may promote ulceration or delay healing.